The ladies over at Freshly Picked sent me a pair of their adorable baby moccasins for Kennedy to wear & for me to review. Also, to celebrate Kennedy turning 6 months tomorrow, they’re throwing in a pair for one of my readers!
I figured the best way for me to hash out my likes and dislikes of these shoes are with a straight forward pro’s and con’s list.
PRO’S AND CON’S AND PRO’S AND CON’S AND PROOOOOOOO’S….Jimmy Fallon, anyone?
Okay, here we go–
- 10/10 on the cuteness factor
- great presentation when they arrive at your door
- big variety of colors/styles
- made in the USA by an extremely hardworking MOMpreneur (read the story here). I’m all about supporting homegrown small businesses!
- high quality leather: super soft and durable (so far). They seem to hold up to Kennedy’s desire to chew on them pretty well.
- durability — following up on the last point, these should last a very long time & can be passed down to our next kids without looking like beat-up hand-me-downs.
- versatile: can be dressed up (like we did for Easter) or dressed down
- comfort — obviously I can’t speak for Kennedy, but these shoes appear so comfortable because of the soft sole. They flex with her every move & don’t dig-in on her whatsoever.
- the price — at $60 a pair, that’s a steep price for a little bit of leather to cover my kid’s feet. I’m not sure if I’d buy these myself with that pricetag unless I knew for a fact I was going to have a couple more kids to pass them down to. But I feel confident that they’d hold up if that were the case.
- FP claims that they they’ll stay on your child’s feet. Here’s the deal: Kennedy was right on the border in sizes so I went with the size up since she’ll grow in to them in a matter of weeks. As they fit right now they’re slightly big and she’s able to kick them off pretty quickly. The pictures below were taken in a matter of 5 seconds, and if you look closely at the last picture you can see that her heel is out of her left shoe.
I’m hesitant to put this as a con because they may not be so easily kicked off if they fit her perfectly. So take this con with a grain of salt. We’ll see how they do in a month when they fit her perfectly.
So that’s it. The pro’s and con’s of it all. I have to say that I love these shoes. I’ve been a fan for a while now, just before I saw Susan on Shark Tank (Alex & Iove this show! It’s our Saturday morning routine to eat a good breakfast and watch the show from the night before on Hulu).
They’re not your traditional baby shoe and perhaps a little too eclectic for some people’s taste. But for me, I’d take one in every single size & color if I could!
So you want a pair, right? That’s why you’re still reading…or why you’ve scrolled down to the bottom of the page to find out how to win them, yeah?
The giveaway is open all week, ending Thursday at midnight, and I’ll announce the winner on Friday. Use the RaffleCopter widget below to enter daily!
*I was given a pair of FP moccs in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.