It seems as if everyone has their own idea of what you MUST HAVE when you’re expecting your first child. Each list will be at least slightly different because each baby is different, so here are the things that I’ve found to be MUST-HAVES for my Kennedy Ree:
2. conair sound machine — I suppose any sound machine will do, but this one is priced great and gets very loud.
3. The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD — a little, okay a lot, corny….but the methods to hush your baby really work.
4. A reclining glider. The one pictured is from Pottery Barn, but I got mine from Babies R Us. It is not available online so I couldn’t get a picture. It’s similar style to the one pictured but a gray/brown color. This has been wonderful for me since I’ve had breastfeeding problems and reclining has allowed for better positioning. And it’s crazy comfortable to boot!
5. WubbaNub — No more losing pacifiers in the carseat. This makes it so easy to find!
6. Nursing Tanks — Gilligan & O’Malley from Target are my favorite.
7. Johnson’s Nursing Pads — from one lady who has dealt with Thrush to anyone who will listen: avoid plastic-backed breast pads. They hold in moisture which can lead to Thrush in yourself and your baby. Trust me, I’d rather deliver my child naturally again 5 times than go through the nightmare of thrush.
8. Britax B-Agile and B-Safe Travel System — not cheap, but not crazy expensive. I have zero complaints about this stroller system. I think it’s my favorite purchase for Kennedy.
9, 12. Mylicon and Gripe Water — when your baby is fussy and you don’t know why, it could be gas. We couldn’t have purchased these faster after her first gas attack.
10. Lansinoh HPA Lanolin – this stuff is gold to a newly nursing mother. Just trust me on this one. Your boobs will thank you.
11. Medela quick clean sanitizing bags — don’t waste time and effort boiling bottles or pacifiers. These bags sanitize all of that in 3 minutes in the microwave. Again, any mother who is dealing with thrush…this is 100% a necessity. Comes with 5 bags and each bag can be used 20 times each.
13. Desitin — perfect for diaper rash without the nasty smell of other butt creams.