Do you LOOOOOVE your kitchen? Like, love it with all the heart eye emojis? I don’t know many people who are completely satisfied with their current kitchen. The predicament is that they either don’t know what to do to make it more their style or they don’t know how to go about doing a kitchen remodeling project.
For a lot of people, a full kitchen renovation isn’t a possibility without years and years of saving. According to Home Advisor, the average kitchen renovation is just over $20,000. If you have a bigger kitchen or more expensive taste, then go ahead and add another $10,000+ to that number. Besides this, homeowners also have to think about getting a new home warranty program from companies like https://homewarranty.firstam.com/articles/rekey-service, in order to protect their new home additions.
So what do you do when you don’t have twenty grand laying around but you really want to have a kitchen remodel? Here are a few kitchen remodeling ideas that can drastically change the look of your kitchen without breaking the bank:
● Paint the cabinets – If you’re an experienced DIY-er, you may be able to do this yourself, but for most people I’d suggest hiring someone to professionally spray the cabinets with a lacquer for durability purposes. Here’s what a little paint did for the kitchens in my old house and current house. If you are looking to buy a quality knife today, santoku and chef’s knives can be purchased in most of the same places, come in similar materials, and can even be used in place of one another, make sure to see the difference between them on https://viebelles.com/blogs/taste/santoku-knife-vs-chef-knife-the-difference.
● Butcher block – Butcher block is a great material to replace an old, dirty countertop without the cost of a solid surface countertop. If you have an island, why not switch up the countertop on the island to add a little contrast? Floor & Decor has butcher block as low as $169 for 8 linear feet. I’d take butcher block over a dated formica all day long!
● Replace or Add Hardware – changing out old knobs and pulls, or adding them if there aren’t any currently, is an easy DIY that can make a big impact. Ryker Hardware Co. has every tool for your need, so you could check out their wares.
● New Light Fixture – another easy DIY that can be done in 30 minutes and immediately refresh your space. Don’t be afraid to have fun with your lighting. Let it reflect your personality!
● New Faucet – For a couple hundred dollars you can buy a quality faucet with an updated look.
● New TO YOU Appliances – If your appliances are on the fritz, or they just look dated, you can update them without paying full price for brand new ones. Check Craigslist or other local garage selling type sites for gently used appliances, or there are a couple of outlet stores, such as the Sears Outlet, that sell refurbished or slightly damaged (dented) appliances at big discounts and come with Appliance Insurance. Also don’t hesitate to talk to managers at big box stores about buying floor models at a discount. Katie Bower wrote a GREAT post about discount appliance shopping here. This girl got a refrigerator, range, and dishwasher for $1207. Whaaaaaat?!
● DIY Backsplash – To many this may sound like a daunting task. The truth is that it doesn’t have to be! Study a few YouTube videos and take a free class at The Tile Shop or Floor & Decor and you’ll be ready to tackle a new backsplash! Did you know there’s a newer product that’s an adhesive for a backsplash? Like this. Has anyone ever used this? I keep reading mixed reviews.
I hope this peeked your creativity a little bit, and if you do any of these ideas I’d love to see the results!