In January I came up with some goals for 2012.
Let’s see how I met, or didn’t meet, the top 3 goals I had for our home in 2012:
Have carpet installed upstairs.So that clearly didn’t happen! But thank God it didn’t…I love our laminate flooring!
- Complete a Kitchen renovation Check!
- Paint Cabinets yep!
- Upgrade from ugly 1987 junky appliances to stainless steel. yep!
- New countertops yep!
- Out with the florescent lighting and in with recessed and pendant lighting yep!
- Place horizontal paneling on the walls in our breakfast area. yep!
- Obtain a casual dining set yep! But not only did I get a new casual set, it’s replacing our formal set so that the dining room will become Alex’s office leaving us with room for a guest bedroom AND a nursery (for someday) upstairs.
3. Obtain new/used furniture for the master bedroom and make the room cozy and romantic. Partial-check! We have the bed and side tables for the master bedroom. The rug is in the mail (thanks to my work bonus and RugsUSA.com 75% off Christmas sale!). We still need two dressers to go on either side of the closet doors and a lot of accessorizing before it’s cozy and romantic.
I suppose it’s almost time to create some 2013 goals! I’m definitely not short on ideas